This is a collection of blog entries written while learning Lisp. It is posted in the order written so you probably want to jump to the first post.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Practical Common Lisp Chapter 7 : Macros (built in)

I read through the first half of this chapter very confused. I thought it was going to be a lesson on writing macros when it was really about the built-in macros that Lisp comes with. The first few paragraphs gave an introductory explanation and so I kept reading the chapter as though it was trying to teach my how to write macros, not how to use the IF, WHEN, and COND macro. Once I figured that what was really going on I quickly re-skimmed the chapter and it made a lot more sense :)

Not sure where the error is but the symbol "�" showed up a handful of times in the online book.

LOOP looks very interesting. As long as there is a cheat sheet I can get at while learning the different ways it can be used it looks to be a nice tool for making code easier to read.

No comments: