This is a collection of blog entries written while learning Lisp. It is posted in the order written so you probably want to jump to the first post.

Friday, October 12, 2007

Taking the red pill

I have known about Lisp for many years and even tried learning it a little bit here and there. I have a basic understanding of its advantages, but never really got into it and created a real project with it. So I decided to finally sit down and make something with it. Go through a book, do the tutorials and see what problems I run across. I will try to write down my journey here. A few days ago I read on reddit about how developers are no longer reading through books, but just reading what they need online when they need it, but not picking up books that give full overviews. It inspired me to sit down and actually go through Practical Common Lisp and do the examples, tutorials and test problems and learn what it has to teach me.

2 comments:

lee woo said...

Relationships are eternal. The 'separation' is another chapter in the relationship. Often, letting go of the old form of the relationship becomes a lesson in pure love much deeper than any would have learned had the couple stayed together. See the link below for more info.

#chapter
www.matreyastudios.com

Leslie Lim said...

Thanks to the writer of this article. I appreciate your effort in making this informational blogs. I know it's not easy to do this but you have done a really great job. Congrats. I'm pretty sure your readers enjoying it a lots.


Rica
www.imarksweb.org